We are currently switching our model to a new supercomputer.
During this time the web site graphics feed is expected to be
interrupted or delayed.
The production models are running normally on our
supercomputer and our
production FTP server and
NOMADS data server are
being updated. The only impact is to our post-processed graphical
products displayed from this server. We apologize for the
Some WW3 graphics may be found on the
NCO Model Guidance site
Select Model Type of WW3 and choose a Model Area.
This page includes a general description of changes made to the WAVEWATCH III
v. 3.14 software package, followed by a link to a text file containing the
differences in the package files. The text file was generated using a diff
command within the subversion version
control environment. The diff file can be applied as a patch directly on codes belonging to a previous software package version.
The WAVEWATCH III package version changes described below are tagged v. 3.14-11.
The patch using the diff file below can be applied to original, unchanged code
lines from version 3.14-10 that are included in the diff file below.
Summary of changes
General Descriptor: Setting up for running on Linux cluster
- w3adc.f: Make hardwired sring lengths for file names longer as needed for zeus long path names.
- install_ww3_svn: Add --login to first line, minor documentation updates
- install_wwatch3: Add --login to first line, minor documentation updates
- comp.Portland: Clean up to work only with version 6 and higher.
- comp.Intel: Clean up to work with version 12 on Westmere. MPI setup for zeus.
- link.Intel: Clean up to work with version 12 on Westmere. MPI setup for zeus.
- ln3: Remove link to doc90, add link to test directory
- w3_clean: Remove map.gs as generated by mww3_test_01. Remove xref.db specific for zeus.
- make_MPI: Remove spurious generation of arc directory.
- ww3_outp.inp: Just selecting other standard options.
- mww3_test_01: Add MPI / batch setup for zeus.
- mww3_test_02: Add MPI / batch setup for zeus.
- mww3_test_03: Add f77 script variable to identify internally used compiler. Add MPI / batch setup for zeus.
- mww3_test_04: Add f77 script variable to identify internally used compiler. Add MPI / batch setup for zeus.
- mww3_test_05: Add f77 script variable to identify internally used compiler. Add MPI / batch setup for zeus.
From the directory to be updated, use patch command, set to ignore directories at level one (eg, patch -p1).
Posted October 2, 2012
Back to index.