NCEP Draft Sea Ice Climatology 1 -- 30 year climatology based on CFSR
(Saha et al., 2010) sea ice fields. The original fields are 0.5 degree
latitude-longitude, which is continued here.
Two concepts of climatology are shown. In the 'traditional' climatology,
the 30 observations for January 1 (1981-2010) are simply averaged. In
the 'conditional' climatology, the number of years with an ice cover is
tallied, and the average concentration for those years where there
is an ice cover is computed.
Grumbine (2014) provides the details on analysis methods and results.
Go to main sea ice page
- Figures -- global, nh, sh; traditional, conditional: average, var,
- Support -- climo.areas condclimo.areas raw.areas seaice_newland
- Raw -- rawice.tgz
- Traditional -- cbarn.gs figs.tgz hires.tgz lores.tgz plot.sh ref.ctl ref.gs
- Conditional -- eng5min.all.gz eng.all.gz highres.tgz lores.tgz
- Statistics -- count.MM, count.MMDD
- Great Lakes --
Go to sea ice history page